[mythtv-users] Help installing mythtv with yum

Ben Rigby benrigby at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 00:45:26 UTC 2005

On 6/16/05, Todd Bailey <toddb at toddbailey.net> wrote:
> are you still getting the same errors as before?
> have you thought of downloading apt-get  ?
> it's documented in the first few pages of 'Wilson's install manual and I
> found it very good in error recovery.

Todd, Daniel mentioned in his first post he's running an Athlon 64
platform, and my understanding is apt-get doesn't handle things very
well if he's installed the x86_64 version of fc3.

Daniel, I'm running myth on an athlon 64 with FC3 also. I am in a
similar position to you, as I was (and still am) pretty new to linux
when I started installing myth. After a few problems, I ended up
switching to the i386 version of FC3, so I could stick close to the
guides I was following (and use apt-get). I might have lost a little
in performance, but I've ended up with a very stable and useable myth
box out of it. So it might not be the answer you were looking for, but
it's something you might want to consider.

Ben

ps. First post to the mailing list, so I just want to thank all
involved for their efforts on this great project.