[mythtv-users] Mythtv setup total failure - how to start over?

Todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Thu Jun 16 00:52:03 UTC 2005

I did exactly that.  and all the code, configuration files, remained.

I was even able to run the front and backend even though apt-get remove ran
successfully.
obviously, apt-get in not a 100 % app. Or it's functionaly does not fully
match the documentation.
I also would have thought that apt-get should even delete the downloaded
modules but when I did a apt-get install mysttv-suite
there was nothing for it to download, system contained latest modules.

But it will remain a mystery, the system suffered a drive fail so I have to
reinstall every thing.

so I'll be back tomorrow with questions on how to get it to display live
video via the svid connection.