[mythtv-users] Nuvexport, transcode, and commercial cutting

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 01:25:57 UTC 2005

I'm trying to set up my mythtv box to automatically transcode old
recordings and cut commercials while it's there. I have commercial
flaggin run automatically after recording, I have a nice script which
determines which is the oldest file to transcode, now all I need is to
get nuvexport to run.

But here is something I don't understand: when I run
nuvexport-xvid --cutlist --debug --infile=-file
the commands are mythtranscode with --honorcutlist, then ffmpeg (which
it dies with a pipe read error :)
But when I run the same with --transcode, there is no mythtranscode,
only transcode commands. Will it still apply cutlists? Where would it
get them from?

Finally, what do I need to replace the original recording with the
ones from nuvexport?

Thanks,
Fedor
--