[mythtv-users] OT: Comcast with 6200

Brian C. Huffman huffman at graze.net
Thu Jun 16 02:17:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 15:28 -0700, Doug's Junk wrote:
> Peter Judge wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 14:25 -0400, John Kuhn wrote:
> >

> >>OT again here.. but i have to ask since i'm about to take the same
> >>step.. when using the firewire input.. does that only get me digital and
> >>HDTV recordings from Comcast.. can i also get all the analog stations as
> >>well?
> >>

> >I get the basic/analog cable channels (<80) and the HD channels (800+),
> >but I don't get the stuff in the middle. :(  I've gone back to using a
> >PVR250 for the time being.
> >
> >-- Peter
> >

> I get the basic/analog channels plus the stuff in the middle.  I haven't
> gotten the HD
> channels to work but I think that might be pilot error.
>
> My problem is that viewing is sporadic.   When I select "Watch TV" the
> front end
> times out waiting for the backend, and the backend times out because it
> says it didn't
> get a signal over firewire within 15 seconds.  Once things start working

Just FYI, that's what happens to me if I select a premium channel - I
get a timeout on the backend which results in a black screen on the
frontend.  However, that's how I ended up discovering that it was
premium channels.  The comcast box isn't sending anything over the
firewire (or the recorder isn't able to read it) so it times out.

So...you may be experiencing the same problem.

-b