[mythtv-users] Nuvexport, transcode, and commercial cutting

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 02:23:08 UTC 2005

I was getting the pipe erroe last night.

After using the --debug option, I discovered that ffmpeg didn't like
the -vtag option, which is strange because I installed nuvexport from
RPM and I expected all the dependencies to be installed with a correct
config.  I guess I will just remove the ffmpeg installed and compile
my own.

Once I manually did the nuvexport commands, the video that was output
was split, with the left thrid of video being displayed in the right
thrid of the screen, if that makes sense.  I need to dig into this.

Also, the cutpoints are never honoured exactly as I expected.  The cut
happens about 5 seconds too late (i.e I get five seconds of the
commercial break) which is annoying but likely to be more of a problem
with mythtranscode.

I do however like nuvexport and think its a really easy program to
use.  I look forward to any mythweb integration that comes available
as I have heard may happen in the future.

Whytey

On 6/16/05, Fedor Pikus <fpikus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up my mythtv box to automatically transcode old
> recordings and cut commercials while it's there. I have commercial
> flaggin run automatically after recording, I have a nice script which
> determines which is the oldest file to transcode, now all I need is to
> get nuvexport to run.
>
> But here is something I don't understand: when I run
> nuvexport-xvid --cutlist --debug --infile=-file
> the commands are mythtranscode with --honorcutlist, then ffmpeg (which
> it dies with a pipe read error :)
> But when I run the same with --transcode, there is no mythtranscode,
> only transcode commands. Will it still apply cutlists? Where would it
> get them from?
>
> Finally, what do I need to replace the original recording with the
> ones from nuvexport?
>
> Thanks,
> Fedor
> --
> Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
> http://www.pikus.net
> http://wild-light.com

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.