[mythtv-users] Q: PVR350: svideo without composite connection gives B/W!

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 08:44:41 UTC 2005

On Thu 16 June 2005 08:59, Teus Hagen wrote:
> Problem: when I disconnect composite cable I get only B/W from the svideo
> connection.
> How do I get what I hoped for better color on my tv?
> (Do I need to switch on/of different components to "signal" svideo use?)

Some TVs don't support svideo via scart or require a specific scart socket to
be used or even a specific channel to be used.

On my Phillips Widescreen TV I have to use the second scart socket and use the
special SVHS channel. The Ext2 channel shows the image but in black and
white.

I don't use a PVR350 but my Nvidia TV out also requires a specific command in
the config to output svideo as opposed to composite.
--
Stuart Morgan