[mythtv-users] Feature Request: allowable overlap for recordings?

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 14:29:08 UTC 2005

On 6/16/05, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ran into a problem tonight where the clock on one of the backends was
> off 8 seconds from the master backend. As a result, the first program
> recorded, but the program after it was deemed "tuner busy" and didn't
> record.
>
> Another example is several of the big networks making a program run
> til, for example, 9:05pm This bumps a 9pm scheduled recording, when in
> fact, I wouldn't mind missing the first 5 minutes to get the other 55.
>
> Would would be nifty would be a configurable "fudge" factor, that you
> could set, allowing the scheduler to pick up XXX minutes into the
> program, as soon as the tuner became free. Or maybe, no fudge factor
> at all. Maybe it checks every minute, and if a tuner suddenly became
> free, it would start recording.
>
> Thoughts?

I think something like this would be useful, e.g. an option to start
the recording late once a conflict is identified (so the default
behaviour would be as it is now).

Here in Holland programs don't keep to an hourly schedule so it is
common to have the first part of a program conflict with the end of a
program on a different channel. It is also common for the actual start
of a program to be several minutes after the scheduled start, so that
what looks like a conflict in the tv guide isn't in practice.

OTOH I have a disk full of recordings I don't have time to watch already...

Chris