[mythtv-users] Myth TV without recording live!

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:32:54 UTC 2005

I think the OP (original poster) meant by not recording a program even
if its scheduled.
Sort of an override to not record. May be a script which checks the
load or just a file/database entry.

It can be as simple as

user$> cp /dev/null /myth/not_record_right_now

#### recording precheck script ####

if (-f /myth/not_record_right_now) then
 ### log an entry in mythlog so user know the recording has been overriden
  exit
endif
#### continue with the recording ########

---- user at a later time  -----
user$> rm /myth/not_record_right_now

Thanks
Mudit