[mythtv-users] Feature Request: allowable overlap for recordings?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 19:38:10 UTC 2005

On Thursday 16 June 2005 13:19, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> IMHO, a better solution would be to add an option to the Conflict
> Resolution screen; something like "Allow recording of non-conflicting
> portion only".  An override like that would affect only that
> particular
> showing, and would be much easier to remedy than editing the recording
> schedule (and possibly remembering to change it back again later).
>
> Just my $.02.

Replying to myself here... I knew I'd discussed this before:

and

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/15490

These old threads were the genesis of the current per-recording "start
early/end late" feature, but it seems the "allow partial recordings to
resolve a conflict" idea never really got picked up.  If anyone's
interested in taking a crack at this, the -dev list awaits...

-JAC