[mythtv-users] Rather peculiar Firewire problem

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 20:09:02 UTC 2005

On 6/16/05, Justin Kim <justinlkim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Right, right, right - more information would have been helpful :-P
>

> Kernel - 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
>
> rmmod-ing the various 1394 modules and reloading seems to fix the problem.

So at least that means you don't have to reboot. A small victory I suppose.

modprobe.conf looked OK.

No telltale messages in dmesg when the problem occurs?

FYI - I'm waiting for a new 2.6.12 kernel that is supposed to fix some
1394 problems with udev. This doesn't sound anything like problem I'm
seeing here but there are known problems right now with udev and 1394
so just be aware of that if you don't find a better solution.

- Mark