[mythtv-users] Feature Request: allowable overlap for recordings?

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 22:43:59 UTC 2005

On 6/16/05, David Kyle <david.kyle at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand why there shouldn't be an automatic resolution of
> schedules involving different channels, but what about having an
> option to have conflicts on the same channel resolve automatically?
> If two programs on the same channel conflict by a few minutes, then
> just have the second one start late.  The second program will have
> it's beginning tacked onto the end of the first one, but it would be
> better than not recording at all.

In my case, that was the problem as well.. Two programs, back to back
on the same channel, 8 seconds offset, the 2nd one didn't record.

Seems like there must be a good way to handle that case, even if we
can't handle the other ones listed in this thread.

Something like:

[  ]  Overlap Control
            [  ]    start early if needed by ____ minutes on the same channel
            [  ]    start late if needed  _____ minutes on the same channel
            [  ]    start early if needed by ____ minutes on a different channel
            [  ]    start late if needed  _____ minutes on a different channel

Options like this, it sounds like, would answer all the issues raised
in this thread so far.