[mythtv-users] Feature Request: allowable overlap for recordings?

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 17 01:10:44 UTC 2005

Am I missing something, or isn't it already possible to do this?  If,
say, I prefer to always see the beginning of a program but don't mind
missing the last minute, then I can (always) set programs to start on
time (Start Early = 0) but end one minute early (End Late = -1).  If I
then set the global  pre-roll to zero and the post-roll to sixty
seconds, I will always get the whole program unless there's a conflict.
If there is a conflict, it will release the tuner one minute earlier to
the second program.  If I want, I can even increase the pre-roll and/or
post-roll to further ensure I get the entire program in a no-conflict case.

If I always prefer to see the end (which would be my choice), I would
just reverse the settings.

Frankly, this doesn't sound burdensome to me since I already set every
program to start two minutes early and end two minutes late in order to
guarantee I don't lose *either* end.

Even so, I am still hoping that Glenn Moloney follows through with his
feature to allow overlapping recordings on the same channel with a
single tuner.