[mythtv-users] VLC and MythVideo

Daniel Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Fri Jun 17 03:23:19 UTC 2005

I'm trying to get vlc working on my Myth box, but so far have run into
problems related to sound and xv support. It works fine on a similar
linux system (same hardware except for video out), so I'm sure I'll get
it working eventually. Then the question becomes: is it any better than
xine (which is working well with DVDs, although the sound needs tweaking.)

Once I get it working I'll report back with the settings I used and how
it compares to xine.

Daniel