[mythtv-users] Nuvexport, transcode, and commercial cutting

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 03:50:48 UTC 2005

On 6/16/05, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> >>But here is something I don't understand: when I run
> >>nuvexport-xvid --cutlist --debug --infile=-file
> >>the commands are mythtranscode with --honorcutlist, then ffmpeg (which
> >>it dies with a pipe read error :)
>
> I assume you know that the pipe error is related to a messed up
> yuvdenoise, right?

I noticed that pipes read ok if I just send them to single ffmpeg, but
I wasn't sure if it's yuvdenoise or the whole combination at once,
ffmpeg | yuvdenoise | ffmpeg, that's messing it up.

> >>But when I run the same with --transcode, there is no mythtranscode,
> >>only transcode commands. Will it still apply cutlists? Where would it
> >>get them from?
>
> if you have mpeg files, transcode can read those just fine, and has its
> own cutlist handling options (ffmpeg doesn't, so it requires using
> mythtranscode).
>
> >>Finally, what do I need to replace the original recording with the
> >>ones from nuvexport?
>
> Why aren't you just using myth's internal transcoder?  myth can play avi
> files as recordings, but you really shouldn't use it that way.  export,
> send them to mythvideo, and then delete the originals.

I'd love to, but I can't get it to run from command line:

# mythtranscode -V 3 -c 1003 -s 2005-06-05T19:00:00 -p autodetect -d -l
New DB connection, total: 2
Transcoding from /raid/store//1003_20050605190000_20050605200000.nuv
to /raid/store//1003_20050605190000_20050605200000.nuv.tmp
ERROR, Transcode called from JobQueue but no jobID found!
Transcoding /raid/store//1003_20050605190000_20050605200000.nuv failed

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com