[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase runs for ever

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 05:52:45 UTC 2005

On 6/16/05, Pete Clarke <pete at dynotechnic.co.uk> wrote:
> #Which version of MythTV is this happening on, and which xmltv grabber are
> you #using for listings on this machine?
>
> I was using v0.18.1 as packaged for Debain, using tv_grab_uk_rt as the xmltv
> grabber.
>
> I have now compiled the latest CVS version and am running the
> mythfilldatabase from that version, however - that is also running for
> longer than I would imagine (currently running for 2 hours and counting!).

I'd suggest disabling mythfilldatabase from within MythTV temporarily
and running it from the command line, to see if the temporal
irregularity is occuring in the grabber, or in the import process. You
can first run the grabber to get the XML datafiles (the process that
grabs the datafiles from the RT website), and then once that has
finished, run mythfilldatabase, pointing at the XML files, to import
the data into the MythTV database. I've also installed a cache for
XMLTV so that if files have not changed on the RT site, local copies
of the files are utilised instead of downloading another copy.

Cheers,
Nick