[mythtv-users] PVR-350 clarification

Leigh lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jun 17 09:29:47 UTC 2005

I've noticed the talk about this new ivtvdev driver over a few messages
recently and I'm thinking of giving it a go.
I originally used my 350 for TV-OUT when first setting up my (only) MythTV
box, but changed to using the TV out on my Geforce FX5600 so I could
accelerated X (hey, I like the pretty pictures that Goom gives when playing
music !).

How difficult is it / will it be to try the new ivtv stuff , while at the same
time keeping the possibility of going back to my current (working) setup
without a complete reinstall.?

If I can get this new ivtvdev driver working with it's accelerated vid/X
performance etc I'll be reverting back to using the 350 for both capture and
playback   :-)