[mythtv-users] PVR-350 clarification

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 17 10:10:58 UTC 2005

I was playing with mythmusic the other night and the
cpu usage with the latest driver is pretty similar to
what i am seeing using my nvidia card which took me by
surprise.

Reverting is pretty easy. The latest x driver is the
same as the old one appart from Xv support and it
detects whether the ivtv driver can support it so
running with an older version of ivtv gives exactly
the same behaviour as using the 0.8 xdriver.

Alternatively you can just copy the old one back on
top if you find problems.

Ivtv is pretty similar. A bit depends on how you got
the original version and what you are using. But what
happens is that the ivtv files are copied into the
kernel modules. Copying back the old ones and
rebooting restores the original version.
The only problem i've had is that at some point it
copied files into a different subdirectory (extra ->
ivtv or something like that) so you need to make sure
you end up with just one set of kernel modules.

John