[mythtv-users] Character encoding problem in UK Radio Times XML data

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Fri Jun 17 11:55:50 UTC 2005

Around about 17/06/05 09:55, Nick typed ...
> Probably an easier solution out there - have you tried temp changing
> to 8859-1 to see if the problem disappears?

   Heh, I'm wary of doing that on an FC box;  when I put my main PC up
to FC3 from FC2 I had *major* grief until I realised I still wasn't
using a UTF8 locale (diligently upgraded from RH 6.1).

   What's the sequence for manually doing the xmltv/fill-database then?
  I wanted to get around to this at some point so's I could merge in
data from another source, but I've always been worried I'd break it :)

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature