[mythtv-users] [Semi-OT] Live TV in Windows with DSMyth... Which player? How?

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 12:31:50 UTC 2005

On 5/14/05, Darren Black <lists.drdaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm wondering if anybody has managed to pull a live TV stream off your
> backends from Windoze. I get roughly 2 seconds using just about any
> player and a ringbuffer size of 250Mb. One guy on the DSMyth forum
> said he had luck with BSPlayer, but I can't say I'm finding that it
> acts any differently to the other players I've tried.
>
> Any suggestions?

i bet this is from a mpeg2 card like dvb or something?
mpeg2 is currently not working very well with the dsmyth filters, but
soon i hope to have this fixed.

atleast playback shoud be working pretty soon, seeking is another problem :-)
with the dsmyth code from cvs and a small hack i did to mythweb i now
have "Watch this channel" links in mythweb, it opens the mediaplayer
and tunes to the right channel.
still no seeking, but it's a step in the right direction.