[mythtv-users] New User, Monitor settings

mike at bitdamaged.com mike at bitdamaged.com
Fri Jun 17 16:01:09 UTC 2005

Hi all,

So I just got through with Jarod’s most excellent HOWTO and I’m almost
good to go but I had a quick question.

First is that I’m using an NVIDIA G4MX with S-video out which is now
connected to my TV.  However when I initially set up my myth box I was
connected to a monitor.  My concern is that in my xorg.conf while I have
the Device section setup for my nvidia card with SVIDEO out and NTSC-M:

Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"

Etc

However my  Monitor section is still configured for my regular computer
monitor.  Should I set this for my TV settings and is there a risk of
damaging my TV with the Monitor settings in there?