[mythtv-users] Preferred Infrared keyboard for training?

John Williams williamsbyron at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:02:41 UTC 2005

Grant,
If you get this keyboard and it is like the lIte-On there is aready a
preprogrammed setup for it at hi-remote.com. Shoot me an email and
I'll give you some pointers when you get it in and get you JP1 remote.
I love my HT-Pro remote. It has enough space to do all your other
stuff too.

John

On 6/17/05, Grant McChesney <grantmc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/17/05, Tim Tait <tim.tait1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Grant McChesney wrote:
> >
> > >I'm looking for the preferred IR keyboard to train against a universal
> > >remote.  I have the BTC RF keyboard (and it's great), but it can't be
> > >learned.
> > >
> > >The Lite-on Airboard looked good for this, but it is discontinued.
> > >Anyone have any recommendations for the best + reasonably priced IR
> > >keyboard for training? TIA.
> > >

> > The Silitek SK-7551 (who I think actually made the Lite-on too) seem to
> > work well enough, and is sold at least here:
> >
> > <http://store.yahoo.com/pctekonline/skcomwirkeyw.html>
> >
> > I have only had one problem, I can get my learning remote to send the
> > "up-arrow" code properly...
> >
> > Tim
> >

> I actually tried to buy that keyboard from PCTek.  It's not in stock
> (see below).  I think I found a store that still sells it.  I'll know
> once it arrives if it's really the SK-7551.
>
> Dear customer,
>
> Thank you for your order.
>
> Unfortunately the SK-7551 Keyboard is out of stock and won't be available in
> the near future.

I have plenty of Gmail invites. Ask me if you'd like one. G Mail rocks
for  email lists.