[mythtv-users] Best option for dual tuner with tv-out?

John Hanauer j-hanauer at northwestern.edu
Fri Jun 17 21:39:31 UTC 2005

I'm still trying to decide my setup for the box I'm going to build.

I know I want to dual tuner this baby, and I'm pretty sure I want Hauppauge.

If the PVR-350 TV-out is coming along as far as DVD, MythVideo, etc, then
I'd probably use it for my output.  Throw in a PVR-150MCE.

Is this feasible if I want my machine to MythTV, MythGame, MythDVD, and
MythVideo?  Or is a PVR-500MCE better with TV-out from the video card?

(When I say PVR-500MCE, I assume swapping this for PVR-150 and PVR-150MCE is
same thing, just paying extra to get remote and having to split cable
signal, but again, the issue is TV-out).

Does all that make sense?

-John.