[mythtv-users] Best option for dual tuner with tv-out?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:15:31 UTC 2005

On 6/17/05, John Hanauer <j-hanauer at northwestern.edu> wrote:
> I'm still trying to decide my setup for the box I'm going to build.
>
> I know I want to dual tuner this baby, and I'm pretty sure I want Hauppauge.
>
> If the PVR-350 TV-out is coming along as far as DVD, MythVideo, etc, then
> I'd probably use it for my output.  Throw in a PVR-150MCE.
>
> Is this feasible if I want my machine to MythTV, MythGame, MythDVD, and
> MythVideo?  Or is a PVR-500MCE better with TV-out from the video card?
>
> (When I say PVR-500MCE, I assume swapping this for PVR-150 and PVR-150MCE is
> same thing, just paying extra to get remote and having to split cable
> signal, but again, the issue is TV-out).
>
> Does all that make sense?
>
> -John.

I've never been a fan of an ALL-IN-ONE solution.  So my personal
preference would be to not put all my eggs in one basket.  This would
mean that at very least, I'd get a PVR-500 and a seperate videocard.
However, I'd take it a step further as cost is close to the same
(assuming PCI's are available for all this) and use 2 PVR-150's and a
decent non-fann'd Nvidia with DVI and Svid out.

:)

It's all personal preference with your question though.  If your
question is, will it work, probably.  But I just finished reading a
thread about issues with the 350's TV out that are not completely
resolved, so I'd avoid it if you can.

Cool