[mythtv-users] Perplexed on plextors

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 03:06:04 UTC 2005

I can't get my plextors to work, and I don't know what
to do. I am using mythtv r5a16.

Issues: hot plug does not work right. I have to unplug
and replug the units in to get the /dev/video devices
made.

/dev/vbi* are there, but i get 'no such device' errors
on them. I cannot cat them, but I can ls them. I tried
remakign it using makedev and mknod

When I had this working the video was crappy. In
fiddling, I got it even crappier to a green screen and
a few blocks of empeg data. Now nothing.

I am fustrated because I don't know what else to do.