[mythtv-users] No Audio Issue And General Questions
ctd at minneapolish3.com
Sat Jun 18 12:20:37 UTC 2005
My current system has the mythfrondend and backend running on the same
machine w/ a PVR-350 card. My PVR-350 audio out is patched into my
system's line-in. My frontend has the default configuration to use the
myth volume controls.
1) We I schedule a program to be recorded, it is recorded w/ audio and
video. I verified this by playing the recorded file with mplayer where
I get video and audio.
2) When I watch live TV or a recorded program via mythtv, I get no sound.
Seems like a mythtv setup issue and not an ivtv issue. Ideas?
General questions on how all the parts fit together:
1) W/ a PVR-350, I believe the card's encoder is used when recording a
show. So is the ivtv driver used in this part of the process?
2) When I view a recorded show is the system using the PVR-350's
decoder? I assume so, since I have my TV connected to the PVR-350's
TV-out. Is the ivtv driver used for this? How do mythtv setting
3) When I watch live tv and pause the show, what software/hardware
components are doing the encoding/decoding?
4) My final setup will use a Xbox as the frontend, so I assume the xbox
CPU will be doing all encoding/decoding when watching/pausing live-tv.
When I view a recorded program with this setup, will it still be the
frontend(xbox) that is doing the decoding of the recorded file?
I have looked at the ivtv tiki FAQ and searched this forum's posts, but
I cannot seem to find the answer to my audio issue.
Any help would be appreciated.
More information about the mythtv-users