[mythtv-users] undefined reference to `XvGetPortAttribute'

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 22:25:56 UTC 2005

I'm attempting to compile the current cvs on a fresh 64bit install. I've been
battleling 'missing' libraries for hours. Most are not missing but myth is
looking for the wrong lib name so I've had to create several links to the
right files. I didn't have these problems with the fixes branch.

I've hit the following error though and I can't figure out what is wrong.

g++  -o mythtvosd main.o    -L/usr/lib/qt3//lib64 -lfreetype -lmp3lame
-lasound -L/usr/lib64 -lartsc -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0
-ljack -ldvdnav -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lXinerama -lXv -lXxf86vm -lXvMCNVIDIA
-lXvMC -lqt-mt -lXext -lX11 -lm -lpthread
/usr/X11R6/lib64/libXvMCNVIDIA.so: undefined reference to `XvGetPortAttribute'

I'm using the latest Nvidia driver 7664 for the first time - might that be the
cause.
--
Stuart Morgan