[mythtv-users] Sanity check : backend - AMD 64, FC , SATA, Firewire, HDTV...

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 01:21:57 UTC 2005

For your frontend, you should also consider

1) media mvp (hauppage) --- speaks myth check out the sourceforge site
for more info .. quite easy to setup
2) IOData Avel Link Player 2 (nice HD front end... though doesnt speak
myth *yet* .. i;m working on some sort of stuff .. pending help from
myth gods .. no replies yet)

IOData LP2 is far superior to Buffalo LT (check out avsforum.com)

I've both working in my home. Though I need to transcode (using vlc)
my HD recordings from 1920x1080/ac3 to 720x480/2channel_stereo to
watch it using MVP.

My setup is very simple compared to you.
Sempron 3000+ ECS Motherboard KT600A (?)
512MB DDR
An old antec case with unknown power supply
180GB Hitach drive .. will add more later
HD3000 PCI tuner.

I used knoppix myth R5A15.1 CD .. piece of case. Didnt go thru Jarod
guide. Knoppix Myth works fine if you just want myth. Also, it runs
debian, so easy to do apt-get etc.

This is just my experience .. been thru this last 1 month or so.

Thanks
Mudit