[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase auto run - again sorry

Matthew Carle matthew_carle at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 19 02:28:08 UTC 2005

It seems I pressed the wrong key combination :-(

I've got mythfilldatabase set to run daily at any time from within
mythtvsetup. The problem is that it doesn't insert any guide data. I get
messages like this on mythweb:

Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2005-06-19 11:55 and ended on
2005-06-19 11:55. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data into
the Guide. This can indicate a potential grabber failure.

When I log in as root and run mythfilldatabase it works fine.

I was under the impression that it would be running as root anyway so there
shouldn't be any permission problems. Is there any way I can determine what
the problem is.

Alternatively is there another way I can run it. The computer isn't on all
the time (nvram-wakeup) so crontab wouldn't work (or am I mistaken?).

Thanks,

Matthew.