[mythtv-users] Re: [ATrpms-users] Re: Audio is muted in FC4 after Atrpms update

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 02:53:23 UTC 2005

> The sequence is, unmute it with alsamixer, run "alsactl store" (must
> be root for this one), then after reboot run "alsactl restore".
> Normally these steps are done from the startup script, like
> /etc/init.d/alsasound

This is similar to what I do. I got the setting I wanted using
alsamixer then saved these by doing:

$ alsactl store
$ cp /etc/asound.state /etc/asound.state.01Jun05

I didn't like the idea of fiddling with alsasound so I added this to
/etc/rc.local:
/usr/sbin/alsactl -f /etc/asound.state.01Jun05 restore

That way it's always got the right settings on bootup.

Regards,
Phill