[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase auto run - again sorry

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 10:58:27 UTC 2005

On 6/19/05, Matthew Carle <matthew_carle at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks,

I get a similar problem, the problem for me is that as mythbackend is
running as root, it doesn't locate the configure files.

In /var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase I get the error message
config file //.mythtv/Satellite.xmltv does not exist, run me with --configure

I haven't yet found a solution, short of running is manually. I tried
running mythbackend as mythtv user but on FC3 that seems to cause
other problems. I also tried to pass the file in the arguments using
--graboptions "--configure /home/mythtv/.mythtv/Satellite.xmltv" but
this doesn't seem to work either.

At this rate I might have to go back to running a cron job as I did with 0.16

Ant.