[mythtv-users] mythvideo .18.1 on Xbox

Jack Lowry jrlowry376 at adelphia.net
Sun Jun 19 15:38:32 UTC 2005

Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:

>On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 08:56:55AM -0400, Jack Lowry wrote:
>

>>I recently attempted to upgrade my XBOX from .17 to .18.1 using apt-get
>>update followed by an apt-get install mythtv.
>>
>>Watching live TV and recored show work fine, but mythvideo and video
>>manager don't work.
>>
>>I also ran the 0.4.5 script from bit.blkbk.com to see if it would
>>improve the situation.
>>
>>But the is no improvement.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>My backend runs slackware with mythtv that I installed from sources.
>>

>What exactly does "don't work" mean? I have mythvideo working fine on
>two xboxes with no troubles.

When I select the wither the mythvideo or  video manager buttons there is a slightly noticable blink of the button but the appropriate function does not start.

I ha mythvideo working just fine under .17, I've obvioulsy screwed up something in the process of the upgrade to 18.1.

I guess it's possible that the package that include mythvideo did not get installed, here I suffer from little debian knowledge and I don't know where to look to see if the package was installed or determine what files are included with the mythvideo package.