[mythtv-users] mythvideo .18.1 on Xbox

Adam Anderson adamand at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 19 16:32:18 UTC 2005

Message: 15
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:38:32 -0400
From: Jack Lowry <jrlowry376 at adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mythvideo .18.1 on Xbox
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org

Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:

>On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 08:56:55AM -0400, Jack Lowry wrote:
>

>>I recently attempted to upgrade my XBOX from .17 to .18.1 using apt-get
>>update followed by an apt-get install mythtv.
>>
>>Watching live TV and recored show work fine, but mythvideo and video
>>manager don't work.
>>
>>I also ran the 0.4.5 script from bit.blkbk.com to see if it would
>>improve the situation.
>>
>>But the is no improvement.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>My backend runs slackware with mythtv that I installed from sources.
>>

>What exactly does "don't work" mean? I have mythvideo working fine on
>two xboxes with no troubles.

When I select the wither the mythvideo or  video manager buttons there is a
slightly noticable blink of the button but the appropriate function does not
start.

I ha mythvideo working just fine under .17, I've obvioulsy screwed up
something in the process of the upgrade to 18.1.

I guess it's possible that the package that include mythvideo did not get
installed, here I suffer from little debian knowledge and I don't know where
to look to see if the package was installed or determine what files are
included with the mythvideo package.
------------------------------

Have you tried:

#apt-get update
#apt-get install mythvideo

On the xbox?  If that comes out ok saying it is at the latest version then
it is installed.  Now one thing I noticed was I had to have the same
directory for mythvideo on the frontend and the backend.

i.e. /mnt/videos/Movies

on both the frontend and the backend.

Now if you can see the list of you movies they just don't play, for example
you click on them and "load..." pops up as the video tries to load but then
doesn't play, add:

-nojoystick

to the launch command for mythvideo.

Adam