[mythtv-users] Housekeeping thread? Curiosity is getting the best

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 00:27:25 UTC 2005

On 6/18/05, Gavin Haslett <gavin at nodecaf.net> wrote:
> You know, that wasn't very nice, Chris :) Remember this is the mythtv-users list, not developers. Not everyone can read the source code you know, these are users!
>
> Basically, in layman's terms the housekeeping thread takes care of stuff like expiring out old and unneeded database entries, old log entries expired out... generally housekeeping tasks on the database.

Thanks!

I did read the link, and tried to deduce a bit, but after a few lines
it starts just bleeding together.  I have a hard time reading code
sometimes.  As noted, I don't program, but can grasp a bit of info
from code.  The laymen term's def was much more along the lines of
what I was looking for :)

Thanks!