[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase auto run - again sorry

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 20 01:49:11 UTC 2005

Matthew Carle wrote:

> It seems I pressed the wrong key combination L
>
> I’ve got mythfilldatabase set to run daily at any time from within
> mythtvsetup. The problem is that it doesn’t insert any guide data. I
> get messages like this on mythweb:
>
> Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2005-06-19 11:55 and ended on
> 2005-06-19 11:55. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new
> data into the Guide. This can indicate a potential grabber failure.
>
> When I log in as root and run mythfilldatabase it works fine.

Notice the "can" in "This can indicate a potential grabber failure."

Are you sure that it is failing? If you manually run mythfilldatabase,
you're very likely to get that message the next time it's run
automatically. I highly recommend logging (configure a log file for
mythfilldatabase in setup) and letting it run for two or three days
without your running it manually.

HTH.

Mike