[mythtv-users] Anyone working on a Movie Trailers plugin? Considering writting one

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 20 02:07:14 UTC 2005

Michael Knoll wrote:

>I've been considering writting a movie trailers plugin for MythTV.  I
>noticed on http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/NewVersion there's items in
>the change log for movie trailers, but I don't see any such feature in
>MythTV .18.  Am I missing it and about to work on something that's
>already been done?

There's now a script in contrib called trailer.pl.  It goes to the Apple
website and searches for trailers.  Works pretty well, although there's
some room for improvement.  (I tried to download 109 trailers using IMDB
numbers pulled from the database and got 78 of them with the script.  I
was able to manually download 20 of them, several of which were missed
due to small differences in Apple's pages.  The rest seem to be
unavailable from Apple.)

By default the script simply outputs the URL, but there are a couple
lines at the end that can be uncommented to have the script download the
video (and name it using the IMDB number).

Mike