[mythtv-users] Mythtv setup total failure - how to start over?

Todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Mon Jun 20 03:32:31 UTC 2005

I tried this suggestion and the files are still there.

"... You need to use "apt-get --purge remove" for the config files to be
removed. It's a feature rather than a limitation...."

Feature my Ass,  I want to remove , uninstall, delete, start over, revert to
prior to installation,  etc....

This stuff is still beta (at best) in my mind, and I am being kind!

So far the only way I found that works is a reinstall of the OS including a
reformat

Everyone complains how "bad" windows is, but at least I don't have to
reformat to get rid of the stuff when it doesn't install right...
(except for norton/symantec)
I hate windows as much as the next guy but how many times do I have to
reinstall/reformat and so on before I works?

Seriously, I have a very generic system, intel 2.5 celeron, pvr 250, nvidia
gf5700.  it shouldn't be rocket science/brain surgery or whatever to get a
system to install and work properly.