[mythtv-users] LiveTV playouts on CRT hangs system

Tarun Kripalani tkripala at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 20 05:10:16 UTC 2005

I configured a pcHDTV 3000 into MythTV using the DVB drivers then configured MythTV and configured a couple of digital channels (SD mode). mythbackend correct detects the incoming transport stream. As soon as I launch mythfrontend and select LiveTV, the entire system freezes. A hard reset was the only way to get the system back.

My configuration is below:

EPIA M10000 with Fedora Core 3, Unichrome drivers in Xorg 6.8.2 and ViaXvMC-accelerated drivers. Xine with accelerated output works without any problems, mplayer also works though with Xv for tuning into this live ATSC-SD channel.

I configured ATSC output for this specific channel.

Any suggestions on how to debug further or perhaps solve this is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Tarun