[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase auto run - again sorry

Matthew Carle matthew_carle at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 09:55:05 UTC 2005

New information. The output when mythfilldatabase is run automatically
includes this:

/usr/bin/tv_grab_au line 75.
/usr/bin/tv_grab_au line 76.
/usr/bin/tv_grab_au line 145.
	Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Date/Manip.pm line 267.
	Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Date/Manip.pm line 267.
	Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Date/Manip.pm line 267.
	Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Date/Manip.pm line 267.
	Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Date/Manip.pm line 267.
	Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Date/Manip.pm line 267.
	grabbing 7 days into /tmp/mythsSNguS
	writing xml
	tv_grab_au: downloads = 0 guide pages, 0 detail pages
	tv_grab_au: finished in 0:00

When I run it manually, I get just this:

grabbing 7 days into /tmp/mythbBwgLK
writing xml
tv_grab_au: downloads = 7 guide pages, 0 detail pages
tv_grab_au: finished in 0:39

Here are the problem lines:

     72 my $want_details_file = "$ENV{HOME}/.tv_grab_au-detailed";
     73 my $skip_details_file = "$ENV{HOME}/.tv_grab_au-undetailed";

    144 # --- explicitly Set Timezone
    145 Date_Init("TZ=$conf->{TZ}");

The first two lines appear to occur because the environment variable (HOME)
is not set. I fixed them by specifying the value manually in the code but I
can't see how to fix the other errors. Is there a way to load the
environment variables or something???

The full script is available here if you want to have a look:
http://immir.com/tv_grab_au

Thanks,
Matthew.