[mythtv-users] Mythtv on xbox

Kevin kmr987 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 13:31:45 UTC 2005

Its also fairly easy to softmod an xbox these days. If you check out
the softmod forums on xbox_scene.com you can find a lot of information
on how to mod you box. Its a lot of information to absorb at once but
once you get the hang of its fairly straight forward.

The basic process of a softmod is

Getting a game save of a particular download on your xbox.
Running the game and then loading the gamesave.

The softmods are pretty advanced these days and are very newbie friendly.

I did this and my xbox loads to evox. Then I loaded put cromwell on
the box and made a link on the evox menu. Then using cromwell I
installed xebian. So this setup requires turning on the xbox,
scrolling down the menu to cromwell and then selecting it and it
starts up, and i select run. That boots directly to mythtv and takes
about two minutes.