[mythtv-users] satellite receiver with mythtv

EB ebroo at setuidzero.org
Mon Jun 20 17:22:44 UTC 2005

Hi all,

What are the options when changing channels on a tuner that does not have a
serial port? Should I go buy a new satellite receiver or is there something
out there that will echo channel changes back out a serial device to change
the external receiver? I am finding that changing channels within the
satellite signal but outside of myth has a bad delay? I know this is because
the signal coming is being recorded first, and then displayed but is this
normal? There is literally a 2-5 second pause between pushing the button and
seeing the change?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Regards,

Edward