[mythtv-users] OT: Help choosing an antenna for ATSC

David Asher david.asher at caviumnetworks.com
Tue Jun 21 01:48:43 UTC 2005

My understanding is that you can, but you need pass filters to prevent
causing multi-path reception problems.

Basically, get a pass filter for the 2 channels in one direction and
then you should be able to combine that with the 5 channels from the
other direction...  If you're unlucky you might need a corresponding
notch filter on the 5 channel side -- or equivalently its own pass
filter for its 5 channels.  This, of course, get much more complicated
if the channels are near each other in frequency.

Disclaimer: I've never tried this myself, but I looked into it on
avsforum when setting up my attic antenna...  In the end I decided to
only go with one set of stations to ease the complexity (and attic
space).  I recommend searching around in avsforum's HDTV reception
forums for WAYYYY more knowledgable people than myself.

David.