[mythtv-users] EPIA 10k: Mplayer crash in fullscreen or no picture displayed in a window

Brett May brett.may at thalesatm.com
Tue Jun 21 05:32:10 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I know quite a few people on this list are using EPIA 10k's for their
MythBox and I am wondering if any have mplayer working to watch videos
from MythVideo.
I am using Gentoo 2.6.10-r6, Xorg with xvmc, MythTV 0.18, and have
patched Mplayer using the patch and ebuild on EpiaWiki.  When my command
line in MythVideo is:

    mplayer -fs -vc xvmc -vo ffmpeg12mc %s

mplayer crashes with BadDrawable (happens in both twm and ratpoison).

When my command line in MythVideo is:

    mplayer -vc xvmc -vo ffmpeg12mc %s

there is no picture displayed, stays displaying the MythVideo screen but
mplayer is running and outputting debug information to the xterm as if
it was playing the video.

Any help would be appreciated, this is one of the last issues blocking
me putting my Mythbox in its rightfull place in the lounge room.

Cheers,
Brett