[mythtv-users] automount dvd drive

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Tue Jun 21 07:20:14 UTC 2005

Justin The Cynical wrote:

> Mike wrote:
>
>> I need my dvd drive to automount when i stick the disk in so I don't
>> have to have a box with ssh on it. I am running debian sid with the
>> packages listed from the mythtv howto. I have monitor dvd/cdroms
>> checked in mythfrontend.
>

> Automount/autofs daemon is what you are looking for.
>
> Setup?  Well, that depends on which daemon you use.  Autofs (what is
> on my FC2 myth box) uses the auto.master and auto.misc files.
>
> How is that for a pointer?  :-)

Thanks! Just doesn't seem to function correctly under Debian if I go by
what I read.

mythtv:/# cat /etc/auto.master
#
# $Id: auto.master,v 1.4 2005/01/04 14:36:54 raven Exp $
#
# Sample auto.master file
# This is an automounter map and it has the following format
# key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
# For details of the format look at autofs(5).
/misc   /etc/auto.misc --timeout=60
#/smb   /etc/auto.smb
#/misc  /etc/auto.misc
#/net   /etc/auto.net

mythtv:/# cat /etc/auto.misc
#
# $Id: auto.misc,v 1.2 2003/09/29 08:22:35 raven Exp $
#
# This is an automounter map and it has the following format
# key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
# Details may be found in the autofs(5) manpage

cd              -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/cdrom

# the following entries are samples to pique your imagination
#linux          -ro,soft,intr           ftp.example.org:/pub/linux
#boot           -fstype=ext2            :/dev/hda1
#floppy         -fstype=auto            :/dev/fd0
#floppy         -fstype=ext2            :/dev/fd0
#e2floppy       -fstype=ext2            :/dev/fd0
#jaz            -fstype=ext2            :/dev/sdc1
#removable      -fstype=ext2            :/dev/hdd

mythtv:/# /etc/init.d/autofs start
Starting automounter: done.

mythtv:/# ls /misc/
mythtv:/# ls /misc/
mythtv:/#

I don't understand...... Is this supposed to work?

-Mike