[mythtv-users] Re: Myxer Update - This time its a BIG one! (and probably the last one for a while....)

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue Jun 21 11:46:00 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 13:09, David Whyte wrote:
> Hmm...I don't think that is quite what Dave is after.  At least, its
> not quite what I was hoping for, which would be a way to construct a
> mini-example of how the theme would look by choosing your options and
> an image beng rendered almost as if it was a screenshot of the actual
> theme you would create with those options.
>
> Does that make any sense???
Yes ;)

The main problem is that's is allmost impossible to do this with php (or any
other language).  You can put images together (like the background and the
watermark), but adding text and other stuff so it looks like a "real" mythtv
menu is not possible.  Or there must be a way to launch mythfrontend and take
a screenshot from a webpage.....

The only solution I see is a menu within mythfrontend where you can do this.
So the rendering of the preview is done with the same code that generates the
menu's.

What about copying the mythtv frontend code that generates the menu and add
some extra keystrokes so you can switch between the options?  So you can
quickly choose an other background or watermark.

Maybe this is already / will be implemented in the new MythUI code ?

Stef