[mythtv-users] Re: Myxer Update - This time its a BIG one! (and probably the last one for a while....)

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 13:00:15 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, Stef Coene <stef.coene at docum.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 June 2005 14:19, Scott wrote:
> > Rather than trying to build a composite image from a background,
> > graphic elements, and text, could CSS2 positioning be used instead?
> > For example, you would set the background of a <div
> > class="background"> element to be the background of the MythTV
> > screen. Next you would use a php function to construct a MythTV
> > button but putting another graphic into a <div class="button"> with
> > text contained in that <div> and use absolute positioning for the
> > whole <div class="button"> element to place it at the appropriate
> > location location on the <div class="background">.
> >
> > Obviously this wouldn't be fully cross browser compatible but it
> > would work with Mozilla and maybe even IE6.
> >
> > You might also need to keep some meta data about the elements you're
> > laying out. For example, there maybe a meta data based rule that say
> > only 5 <div class="buttons"> from the theme XYZ can fit on a <div
> > class="background"> because of the button height but from the theme
> > ABC you could position up to 6 <div class="buttons">.
> The problem is not the image handling with php (my "demo" is working as a
> proof of concept), but to get the preview like the mythfrontend menu will
> look like.  If you want a perfect preview, you have to use the "real" code
> that generates the menu in mythfrontend.
>
> So, displaying the background and the watermarks and maybe the buttons is all
> you can do with php and/or css.
>

> Stef

Why not try to make images of each peice, background, buttons, text,
etc...(as transparent png's with transparent backgrounds, except for
the background images of course) positioned where it would be on a
typical mythtv menu screen and with each selection overlay that image
on top of the other selections.  That way you wouldn't have to try to
recreate the whole image.  I really don't know how easy this would be,
it just seems like it would be easier than trying to recreate the
whole image each time.

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.