[mythtv-users] Uninstall MySQL

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 13:49:22 UTC 2005

> > I wish to Uninstall MySQL from Fedora Core 3. This is because I beleive
> > that it isn't installed properly. How do I go about doing this? Thanks,
> > Ian.
> I don't use Fedora, but "rpm -qa" gives you all installed packages.  Filter
> for mysql:
> rpm -qa | grep mysql
> and remove them with "rpm -e <package name>".

Or you can do apt-get remove <package name>. This will also suggest
other packages to remove which are dependencies so you won't have to
keep trawling through them to find out what needs to be removed to get
rid of mysql.

To simulate it first to see what carnage it may wreak you would do
apt-get -s remove <package name>. On my FC3 system this would result
in all these packages being removed:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libmyth mysql mysql-server mythbrowser mythdvd mythgallery mythgame
  mythmkmovie mythmusic mythnews mythphone mythplugins mythstream myththemes
  mythtv-backend mythtv-frontend mythtv-setup mythtv-suite
  mythtv-theme-MediaCenter mythtv-theme-MythCenter mythtv-theme-abstract
  mythtv-theme-isthmus mythtv-theme-photo mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy
  mythtv-theme-sleek mythtv-theme-visor mythvideo mythweather mythweb
  nuvexport perl-DBD-MySQL php-mysql qt-MySQL

Scary!

Regards,
Phill