[mythtv-users] CVS build Tuesday - no mythtv-setup

Paul Barker myth at sixtimesnine.net
Tue Jun 21 19:47:37 UTC 2005

Mercury Morris wrote:

>When I tried to use mythtv-setup, it failed to start with the following error:
>
>mythtv-setup: error while loading shared libraries:
>libmythtv-0.18.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>directory
>
>But there is such a file, located in the directory: /usr/local/lib, so
>this is quite
>a mystery to me.
>
>I guess that the combination of Tuesday + CVS + ??? is not a winner.
>Lots of other stuff to install: ivtv, mythweb, phpMyAdmin, and so on.
>
>Maybe Wednesday is the lucky day for MythTV CVS builds, we'll see tomorrow.

Try running ldconfig as root and then try mythtv-setup again. If it
still doesn't work and you get the same error make sure /usr/local/lib
is listed in /etc/ld.so.conf. If not add it and re-run ldconfig.

Did you change your install path from /usr to /usr/local (or perhaps
you forgot to change it this time since /usr/local is the default I think) ?

Hope this helps

Cheers
Paul