[mythtv-users] [OT] Tuning channels with PVR-350

shadestalker at gmail.com shadestalker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 05:04:21 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >Just a WAG: make sure you are using the correct tuner
> >type.  Try a tuner modprobe command like "modprobe
> >tuner type=xx" and try different values (or change it
> >in the modules config files).
> >
> Actually, first try should be with no tuner type specified (OP didn't
> say whether he had specified a tuner type or not).  If that doesn't
> work, then feel free to tell the driver how it should be configured
> (even if it knows better).
>
> Also, you might want to do as instructed by the drivers (extracted from
> the log files):
>
> ivtv: ==================== START INIT IVTV ====================
> ivtv: version X.X.X (XXXX)  loading
> ivtv: Linux version: X.X.XX
> ivtv: In case of problems please include the debug info
> ivtv: between the START INIT IVTV and END INIT IVTV lines when
> ivtv: mailing the ivtv-devel mailinglist.
>
> That would provide enough information on the appropriate list that
> someone could tell you whether your tuner type is properly
> detected/configured.
>
> Mike

Here's another WAG based on the problem I had not being able to tune
channels.  I'm running Debian sarge on kernel 2.6.8 and ivtv
0.2.0-rc3i drivers.  The stock kernel includes both a tuner and
msp3400 module, and these are not overwritten by the ivtv install.

You may need to find the stock modules (msp3400.ko and tuner.ko) and
mv them out of the way (or do something nicer like package a kernel
without them?) so modprobe gets the correct ones.

HTH,

Jason