[mythtv-users] What should I save before a COMPLETE rebuild

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:00:39 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, Dawson, Guy <Guy.Dawson at eu.sony.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an working but flawed system (Shuttle SK41G / PVR250 / Mandrake 9.? /
> Myth 0.16(?) compiled).
>
> I'm considering doing a complete rebuild,  using Jarrod Guide (TM?).
>
> Is there anything speficic I should save before I nuke the old system?
>
> I have thought of ;-
>
> s3switch & patch (OT i know)
>
> PVR250 tuner settings, which are in the module config file AFAIR

Do you really need them? What kernel and version on ivtv are you
currently running?
The later versions (post 0.1.xx) need less settings, and Kernel 2.6 is
different from 2.4

> tc_grab_uk settings, wherever they are.

tv_grab settings are usually in either $HOME/.mythtv or $HOME/.xmltv

> Is there anything else anyone could recommend?

Do you have any recordings? You might want to dump all/part of the
mysql database (as well as the .nuv files)

There might be other setting you want from the mysql db as well.

When I moved from FC1 to FC3 I was lucky enough to have enough space
to install side by side. My mythdatabase was good so I dumped and
restored it. I suppose it depends on where you 'flaw' is in your
flawed system.

Ant.