[mythtv-users] What should I save before a COMPLETE rebuild

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:28:07 UTC 2005

> I have an working but flawed system (Shuttle SK41G / PVR250 / Mandrake 9.? /
> Myth 0.16(?) compiled).
>
> I'm considering doing a complete rebuild,  using Jarrod Guide (TM?).
>
> Is there anything speficic I should save before I nuke the old system?
>
> I have thought of ;-
>
> s3switch & patch (OT i know)
>
> PVR250 tuner settings, which are in the module config file AFAIR
>
> tc_grab_uk settings, wherever they are.

If it was me I'd be saving the following:

1) Everything under /etc so you can quickly reconfig the new system
2) Take a full export of mysql database
3) Everything under /usr/local/bin for those handy scripts you probably wrote
4) Everything under /home/mythtv/.mythtv for all the useful stuff in
there like your lirc remote config
5) Everything under /home/mythtv/.xmltv for any program grabber
settings you may have there.
6) Finally, if you've recompiled your own kernel save the .config so
you can do it again on your new system.

Regards,
Phill